Sunday, November 18, 2012

Dolce and Gabbana Makeup and Sephora:

Hi everyone!

I've always had a few people who asked what I felt about Dolce and Gabbana makeup. I've owned a couple of lipsticks a few years ago, and didn't care much for them since they weren't long lasting, so I gave them away to a friend. 

Since that time, whenever I would go to a counter, the associates at Saks weren't so friendly. They always told me to not touch the displays, or simply asked what I wanted to buy without letting me swatch anything. Not a great experience from the Saks counter, so I steered clear for the longest time. Plus some of their eyeshadows that I managed to swatch weren't the greatest in quality. So the few things I had to say weren't so great...not so great regular lipsticks, hit or miss palettes.

But I was informed that D&G makeup is now sold at Sephora in Times Square, I had to see it for myself...it was during VIB and their regional artist was there, so I got to really sit down and have an informative session.

Long story short, I became VIB after getting a few things, so some of the items I got for 20% off. 



Rosebud blush thanks to the recommendation of debbick1 on YouTube. Really a lovely shade, but I know for sure that there's a couple of other shades that I'd like to wear as well. I'll get those items at a future date. 

Contrasts palette

Passion lipgloss

Delight and Rose gloss fusion lipsticks. these items I will review, so much better than their regular lipsticks.

last but not least: their Perfect Creamy Finish Foundation. I never have liked cream foundations, but this one...it's delicious. I'll have to wear it for a few more days to give a final verdict.

Anyway, I'm sure D&G makeup will expand at other locations, so be on the lookout for this line in the future :)

9 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read more reviews. The few D&G products I have we're either gifts from an amazing friend, or purchased online, sight unseen, since there's no D&G near me. I have that foundation and adore it, was just really lucky I guessed the correct shade for me. I'm interested to hear your thoughts!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Rose gloss fusion lipstick is one of my all time favorites, I FINISHED mine up recently! I love it so much I am going to repurchase it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That palette looks amazing! Can't wait to see what you have to say about the brand! :) I've always been curious about their palettes and blushes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy debbick1's videos, she is great! I am a fan of the passion duo lippies and I have Delight, lovely color that brighten my whole face. I love the creamy foundation too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That palette is gorgeous! And the gloss is as well! Looking forward to more in-depth reviews on some of the products.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I hadn't read that this is at the Sephora in Times Square! lol I'm going to have to go check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to try D&G blush in provocation. The only thing that pulls me off is the packaging is prone to fingerprints. I would love to see more reviews of D&G makeup :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been so curious about D&G blushes for a looong long time but always seem to forget to try them (I'm always getting distracted by other brands' new releases! :P). Can't wait to hear more about them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that D&G is on Sephora.com, I'm frantically trying to decide what my first item should be. I'm definitely considering the Contrasts palette, or a blush (I'm leaning towards Mocha, but it seems that everyone in the world loves Sole). How's the quality of the eyeshadows vs. the blush?

    Julie
    JulesDarling

    ReplyDelete