Wednesday, September 26, 2012

random update +

I wanted to let you guys know that my camera got stolen within the past 3 days. Long story short, I found out who took it, and the person is out of the country and won't be back.

I also wanted to say that i will get money to get my camera replaced, but it wont be for a few weeks since the person has to save money to get it for me. It wasn't a cheap camera, and I totally understand. 

So with that being said...I can offer you guys a couple of options:

1. either I stop blogging until I have a new camera...(for all i know, it could take a couple of months)

2. or I can take photos with my phone's camera (which is seriously not the same in terms of resolution, manual control, etc).

I have a few things to talk about, but I don't like the idea of posting photos that aren't the same quality as my Canon.

please let me know what you would prefer, because it isn't about me, but about your viewing experience.

and a moment of silence for my Canon G11. 


rip.

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about your camera. I thought mine had been stolen for a while, but it turned out that the damn thing was in the frame of my couch somehow. I personally just did posts without pictures on my blog, but I think cell phone pictures can be fine if there is good lighting depending on the phone you have. I have a crappy track phone that takes horrible pictures so, I didn't bother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely voting for the phone pics. As much as I find good quality pics important, in this case I can do without them. I just really wanna read your reviews. I know you can take great pictures, and I'll look forward for them again.
    If I wanna buy a product online and therefore have to rely on swatches, I "double-check" them anyway.
    So, whilst someone can take your camera, he shouldn't take your hobby and blogging-mojo aswell.
    I really like your blog and would miss it!
    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gawd, that's horrible. I don't know what I would do if my camera got stolen. But I'd definitely have to save up for a couple weeks to save up too - money doesn't grow on trees!

    I'm voting for the phone pics. Swatches are usually okay with a crappier camera :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think cell pictures are okay; I've found that they turn out pretty well in natural light, but it's impossible to get decent quality ones in lower lighting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't understand what goes through a persons head when they steal. Its wrong and Its a shame people resort to such things that they dont and realize hurts people. Well im sure they realize the pain, aggravation, money,loss of trust,they cost the victim, they just don't care. I do hope your camera is replaced sooner than later. I would much prefer camera phone pictures than nothing. Im an avid reader of your blog and don't want to be without your reviews. Farewell Canon G11, you have given us many beautiful swatches and gorgeous pictures of products, you will be missed. ; )-

    ReplyDelete