Monday, July 30, 2012

By Terry Laque de Rose #8 (Rose Pulpe) +

This has been a color that I've been wearing for some time, and it was even mentioned in an older post seen here from almost a year ago. I can actually claim this is my holy grail nude lipgloss since I still use this shade and I love it each time I use it. 

Packaging: clear plastic tube, with a gold lid. The applicator is longer and flatter than a doe fot, but it's more flexible. Flexible in the sense that it can bend like 30 degrees so you don't have to contort your hand/wrist to apply gloss, the brush bends for you. It's very similar to the Gloss d'Armani lip applicator for those who want to get an idea. Pretty hard to mess up lipgloss packaging if you ask me. 

Formula/Ingredients: it's not sticky, a bit runnier and lighter weight than the Gloss d'Armani formula. The major downside to By Terrys Laque de Rose is that the lasting power is pretty short, not to mention the strong rose scent that some people don't like. It has SPF 15 and the sunscreen ingredients are: Octinoxate (7.3%) and Avobenzone (2.9%). It also has lanolin, which I know some people have a serious reaction to. I posted a list of ingredients so you can see if there's anything else you may be sensitive to. Laque de Rose is a hydrating gloss formula since it has a bit of the Baume de Rose balm in it, although the gloss itself doesn't feel like a balm.

Color: It's the most gorgeous nude. It has a pink tone to it, so it doesn't look like concealer lips, plus it doesn't have shimmer. The gloss is almost full on opaque. I love re-applying this shade because it's so elegant, let alone how people compliment the lip color. It doesn't look pretty in the tube, but when applied, it's a glorious shade. For years I've been looking for the perfect nude gloss, and I now have the comfort/confidence to wear this shade all the time.

Price and Size: $48 for 7mL, or 0.22 oz.

just a disclaimer: Armanis Gloss d'Armani in 509 is more purple in undertone than Rose Pulpe. For some reason my camera had a hard time capturing the difference in undertone.

ingredients


L to R: Le Metier de Beaute Sweet Creme lip creme, By Terry Rose Pulpe, Armani Gloss d'Armani in 509


L to R: Le Metier de Beaute Sweet Creme lip creme, By Terry Rose Pulpe, Armani Gloss d'Armani in 509 (no flash)

L to R: Le Metier de Beaute Sweet Creme lip creme, By Terry Rose Pulpe, Armani Gloss d'Armani in 509 (with flash)

L to R: doe foot applicator, By Terrys applicator

5 comments:

  1. I am in love...actually, a little more so with the Gloss d'Armani in 509--I've been eyeing that sucker for a while now. Your swatches reminded me of how freaking badly I want it!! But the By Terry one is really pretty too of course :P

    Was just looking through some of your older posts and goodness, you have exquisite taste in makeup. i swear I want EVERYTHING that you own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm glad you like the items that I review :D ! It means a lot. :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you :) I'm glad you like the items that I review :D ! It means a lot. :)

      Delete
  2. How would you compare this to the new Shi lacquer in Nymph? They are both stunning! (well, all of the ones you've showcased are lovely). Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nymph is much cooler and more pink (and overall a deeper color) in undertone than #8, plus nymph is a liquid lipstick, so it lasts longer on the lips (much longer) than #8. #8 is more forgiving on flaky/super dry lips since its a gloss, plus it's a bit less opaque. I'm sure nymph when applied o most skintones will be a cool pink, whereas on me it's a bit more lighter.

      #8 however is a true neutral gloss (pinky nude).

      Delete