Monday, August 22, 2011

By Terry Seve de Rose Ultra-Glow Double Serum +

July has been a seriously hot and humid. Like disgustingly hot during the night too. Generally when it comes to the summer heat, I opt not wearing any makeup. I mean what's the point? Foundation will slide off within minutes...right?

Until now...

So over a month ago, I had David do my makeup and he usually uses By Terry Seve de Rose as my foundation primer/moisturizer. I always wanted to buy it, but of course...I told myself "I'll eventually get it". I didn't see a need since I generally use Shu Uemura Stage Performer as my primer. Granted it's an awesome primer, it's too heavy for the summer heat and humidity. 

So he used Seve de Rose underneath Ellis Faas foundation (will review later). Ellis Faas foundation is a medium coverage, satin finish. It was a night where it was over 100 degrees at 11 pm. I realized that it would be my primer for the heat...why do you ask? 

Texture: It's definitely a serum in terms of formula, gel like in consistency. It's very light weight and it absorbs pretty quickly. It has the signature By Terry fragrance, sooo delish ! The smell does linger on your face, which I don't mind because it's so lush. I like to use like 2-3 pumps for my face. You can probably use 2, but i like a bit more because it's addicting. 

Effect: As the title states, it is a glow serum, and it definitely does that. I can use this alone, or under foundation for an awesome glow. None of that ugly microsparkle that makes it seem like you're luminous. Just awesome "hi, I had 12 hours of sleep and I'm well rested" glow. What makes me excited about this serum is that my medium coverage foundation stayed on my face (first applied at 7pm). It stayed on my face when it was 103 degrees at 11 pm, and it stayed on when it was 85 degrees at like 3 am with like 90% humidity. How awesome is that? Yea...I thought so too.

When I worked during the day, I reached for this stuff because I looked like crap. Tired, sallow skin...yet coworkers were like "wow how did you adjust to working during the day and not be tired"? I actually was tired, but they didn't need to know that. The wonders of By Terry. *sigh*. Long story short, Seve de Rose is what like MAC strobe cream wishes it was...except Seve de Rose is liquid crack, laced with some gelato on top.

Now on the box it's supposed to detoxify your skin...I can't speak for that because as of late my face is going through some detox. Reason being I've been using Natura Bisse, so the detoxifying isn't really from the By Terry serum (in my opinion).

Price and size: $90, 30 mL or 1.02 oz.

Worth the purchase?: If you're someone who is always looking tired, I think it's something to look into. If you're combo-oily skin and need a good primer and (or) light moisturizer, this is great stuff. mmm.I just consider this my liquid crack.

Onto the photos :D


see i've been using it often ;D 
ingredient list (back of the box)


right side of my hand has Seve de Rose applied.

bottom part of my hand has Seve de Rose

4 comments:

  1. Liquid crack with gelato on top, LOL!
    I wish I could afford this, but on a student's bugdet... maybe some gelato.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That came across so nicely in your pictures! I have dry skin but I don't like my primers to be too greasy so this over a moisturizer may be nice. Mmmm I could use some liquid crack with gelato on top. I miss real gelato!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your description is so enticing. I feel like I need this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now, I want this. Just when I am on a 'no buy' policy :( - sigh

    ReplyDelete