Sunday, July 3, 2011

Chantecaille Hydra Chic in Aster +


So today I'll be discussing more fun lip stuff...don't worry I'll get to eyeshadows in the near future...

So I bought this little gem called Aster and according to the Chantecaille website, here are its claims:

*Modern full-impact formula delivers 6 hours of great color.
*Releases a sophisticated saturated color with a natural satin finish.
*Natural extracts of papaya and orchid help to soften lips and provide anti-oxidant, anti-aging protection.
*Raist, a natural sugar derivative, provides superior hydration.
*Packed in a slim stylo for precise application.

Packaging: It's a very slender, silver lipstick. I like slender because it just looks sleek, but at the same time I tend to lose things easily. The cap doesn't come off easily, which is the main thing I'm looking for when it comes to packaging. It's a bit hard to mess up a lipsticks packaging. (at least for me)

Texture and formula: This stuff is definitely creamy in texture, although not as creamy as YSL Rouge Voluptes, but they are creamier than Armani Rouge d'Armani. Although it's creamy, it's not a thick formula at all. I like the formula because it doesn't slide off my lips, even though it has some slip, which I like. I will say it's the creamiest formula I can personally handle. Too creamy just looks like a hot mess on me. period. As for the opaqueness, this stuff is so full on opaque and it's definitely a satin finish. I wouldn't necessarily consider it a hydrating formula, but it's not drying at all. No feathering or uneven distribution of color *score*. I'm also a bit surprised that there's minimal transfer on a straw or a fork. I was like "hmmm interesting". The downside to the formula is that I can see this easily melting in a hot car, or something of that nature.

Color: It's a nice deep, vibrant cool rose. I can see it pulling a bit pink on some people, but I like the color. It's a less plummy version of GA 513.

Lasting power: Ok so it claims it's six hours of great color. I see some fading after 4 hours. Not bad at all, considering I had a couple of beverages and a snack during this time. Not as lasting as my Rouge d'Armanis, but this lasts longer than most other lipsticks. I'm actually pretty impressed considering how creamy the formula is, yet it doesn't slide off that easily.

Learning curve: This is something to be noted, only because it's important when it comes to application. Not a lot is required for application. Like i swipe my bottom lip 3/4th of the way, and then i blot and move my lips a bit and that's all that's needed. I've seen other people like apply the lipstick straight from the tube on both top and bottom lip and it looks a bit too cakey/goopy and it may slide off. Yes, the tube is small, but seriously, I don't use as much product with Aster than most lipsticks.

Size and Price: .06 oz, or 1.7 grams, $30.

Is it worth the purchase?: For a full on opaque color, yep ! I love this shade. It's so full on. It makes my Armanis look semi opaque in comparison. The downside is that there are few colors to choose from.

Photo time :)



Left to right: 
GA Rouge d'Armani in 513
Chantecaille Hydra Chic in Aster
















The color in the tube.















Left to right: 

GA 513

Chante Hydra Chic in Aster 

*look at that shine and opaqueness* *gasp*

(no flash)






Left to right: 

GA 513

Chante Hydra Chic in Aster 


(with flash)

8 comments:

  1. oo i'll have to check that color out. I have and love tiger lily :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is gorgeous! Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a color! That one means business. I bet it looks amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I realised and hence concluded that I can't do rose colour, they make me look feminine :p And the last thing I want is to be feminine :p

    Red = sexy, Nude = cool, Fuschia = bold :D Great formulae, no?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you can pull this color off !! @poseylass

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is gorgeous! I just gave you an award! :D
    http://mynewestaddiction.blogspot.com/2011/07/top-10-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! Aster is much more rosy that I dared hope. Online in stock photos, it appears brown or grey. I only have Water Lily in the Hydra Chic, which I like very much, but now I am sorry I did not try the newer Aster.

    Great review, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love the Hydra Chic formula and really hope they release new colours. I have Aster but it seems a lot darker on me than it appears on you. Water Lily is easier for me to wear, both are beautiful though. This post has persuaded me to try wearing Aster tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete