Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Le Metier de Beaute Mystique creme fresh tint


YAY! I finally got my hands on one of the new creme fresh tints that Le Metier de Beaute has released. They released three new shades: Coral Nymph, Ginger Lily, and Mystique. Right now they're only sold at Nordstroms, but Bergdorf Goodman will have them soon. I didn't get the two other shades, because they look really warm, maybe too warm for yours truly.


Color: Mystique is a very cool, bubblegum-like pink (it does have some lavender to it). It's a gorgeous shade, but I can see how some people will steer clear from it, because it is a very cool pink. The online swatch it looks like a straight lavender, but of course, their color representations are a bit off. In the pot it has a very fine silver and pink micro shimmer and applied on my arm and cheek. The actual amount is not as much as Armani Blushing Fabric #1, but it's definitely apparent. Just putting it out there in case shimmer is a factor in buying. Either way, it's such a pretty color for the springtime. :)

Formula: These are slightly creamier than your Bobbi Brown pot rouges. Ok, the reason why I'm even comparing these is because the swatch I have for comparison is a Bobbi Brown pot rouge. I shouldn't even compare the two because the creme fresh tint is such a nicer product. What makes the creme fresh tints so amazing is how blendable they are. I just glide my finger across the color and it just blends so well. Blending these are so effortless. Ok so a main question is "do they stay dewy? do they dry down?" Well, if you layer it on, it will stay dewy like in the photo below. If you blend it a bit with your finger, it does dry down. I adore the formula and it's long lasting, but not drying at all. I can't get over how nice it feels against my fingers. sigh, so delectable.

Size and Price: 5 grams (.17 oz), for $28

Is this worth buying?: I like the color myself, so I think it's worth the purchase. I can say it's a very cool pink, so it may not be for everyone. If you feel like the color isn't for you, Poppy would probably be a better pick since it's warmer (and a more universally flattering color). I'll do a review for Poppy in the near future.

Onto the photos!
















From left to right:

Bobbi Brown Pink Raspberry Pot Rouge (2 swipes)
Le Metier de Beaute Mystique (2 swipes)

*note that Mystique has a sparkle that the camera didn't pick up. My Canon has been on strike (anti-sparkle) phase as of recent.



11 comments:

  1. Mystique is flippin' *gorgeous*. I need to get over my cream blush aversion..STAT! Love your review, per usual :) <33 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Sparkle!! Like really fine shimmer/sheen particles or actual sparkle?? :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has a fine shimmer. Think of Guerlain meteorites kind of shimmer. That's the best comparison I have for you off the top of my head. It's very small, it doesn't take away from the color itself.

    Everyones definition of sparkle is different. When I think of sparkle, I think of glitter chunks like NARS Orgasm blush *gag*. Mystique has NONE of that kind of sparkle/glitter overkill.

    I hope that clears up some confusion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Sounds good to me. And yes the instant I saw Orgasm in real life *gag* may have been a close approximation of my reaction LOL Total overkill!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have the ingredient list for these by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gail: I think I threw away the box. When the cream blush arrives at Bergdorf Goodman, I can check to see the list of ingredients. I know Le Metier de Beaute has a Facebook page, they can probably provide a faster answer. Feel free to email me at: the.panties@gmail.com so if I get that info, I'll be able to respond.

    ReplyDelete
  7. edit: i found the box and posted the picture of the box above. :) hth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for posting the ingredients - very sweet of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. no problem gail. i'm trying to make a habit to post a picture of the ingredients if it's on the box or insert (assuming i still have the box/insert). i can't guarantee ingredients for all my goodies, but i'm trying to make it easier for my readers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Panties, as always Im loving your blog. I have tenne and poppy but I haven't tried any of the new Creme tints yet. When you do revie poppy, would you mind swatching it next to mystique?

    ReplyDelete
  11. of course. :) @sparklehead.

    but as an aside: they are very different. poppy is a warm pink with no sparkle, whereas mystique is a cool lavender/pink with a small shimmer. they are no way close in color nor in undertone though.

    hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete