Thursday, December 23, 2010

Le Metier de Beaute Marchesa Holiday Palette

Hi all!






















I wanted to share with you my most anticipated purchase of this month, the Marchesa holiday palette !! YAY !! There wasn't much information regarding information on the colors, or what it would consist of, until now :D

It contains:

a retractable eyeliner in black
a mascara
a dual ended gloss
and of course, the e/s palette.


now onto the goods: 


I fell in LOVE with this palette, even though it is smaller than I had anticipated. I'm a sucker for packaging to begin with, and when I opened my palette I just HAD to play. I'm anti-purple when it comes to eyeshadows, but this palette is so pretty. What's a bonus is that this palette has a mini brush, unlike the sponge applicators, which irritate me. The pink is the perfect pink, the purple isn't too warm with pretty sparkles and it's a satin finish, and the black is more of a dark charcoal shade (satin-matte like finish).  The glosses are a soft, cool mauve/light plum shades, it's definitely wearable on its own. 

I've never been a fan of palettes, for two main reasons: there was always a shade or two that I wouldn't know how to use, plus palettes can just overall get messy. All the colors in the set have shades for a lot of skintones, which is an awesome plus.  It's just a beautiful and it just all makes sense in terms of how to wear the colors.  

Here are the e/s swatched with a quick swipe with my finger:


























The glosses:



























The downside: the price = $250. But at the same time, these aren't easy to find. I'm fortunate that my MA held one aside for me, because there were literally very few left at my Bergdorf Goodman, and there were a lot of phone orders as I was buying mine in store. It is a limited edition set and it's worth it to me because they're colors I'd actually use.

7 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous! I spent way too much time yesterday trying to find swatches online - thank you for taking pictures! I love love love the eye shadows, wish I could just buy the palette on its own...

    ReplyDelete
  2. a part of me wishes the same, but I can't resist a pretty set. It's really lovely :D They're sold out at BG now, so it is a hot item for the holiday :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah...I love the packaging for the e/s palette..and the purple color is gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you. the packaging had me at hello too. :) I adore the pink shade, it somewhat reminds me of a pinker/more complex version MAC twillery eyeshadow (LE item that was in the Inventive quad).

    ReplyDelete
  5. sooooooooooooooo pretty! Wow! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Called and Bergdorfs got a few more! I ordered it can't wait! Thanks for showing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. im glad you ordered it...heck, i wish i had the $ to order more than one! LOL enjoy your goodies.

    ReplyDelete